ESI's Kristof Bender attended a colloquium on "Avoiding the 'Turkey Game' in the Western Balkans" on 8 and 9 December. Organised in Vienna by the Bruno Kreisky Forum for International Dialogue and the Centre for Liberal Strategies from Sofia, the colloquium brought together a select group of about 20 Balkan specialists, including Ivan Krastev, Wolfgang Petritsch, James O'Brien, Saso Ordanoski and Vetton Surroi. Kristof provided introductory remarks for a panel on "challenges of the different timelines for different candidate countries".
8 December 2010
ESI discussing the Balkans in Vienna
- 23. juni 2015.: Pristina – ESI policy discussion: Textbooks in Kosovo and the education reform that will make a difference
- 19. maj 2015.: Stockholm – ESI on the Western Balkans and Turkey at Sida's EUROLATIN Regional Meeting
- 18. maj 2015.: Munich – ESI on Anatolian entrepreneurs as Islamic Calvinists
- 18. maj 2015.: Pristina – ESI at roundtable on the visa liberalisation process in Kosovo: Where are we now?
- 12. maj 2015.: Brussels – ESI sponsors European Parliament event on Azerbaijan
- 4. maj 2015.: Ankara – ESI at panel debate on the road to visa-free travel for Turkish nationals: problems and prospects
- 27. april 2015.: Tirana – ESI at conference on European integration
- 23. april 2015.: Pristina – ESI at public debate on Kosovo's European Perspective
- 21. april 2015.: Strasbourg – ESI advocacy on Azerbaijan at the Council of Europe
- 20. april 2015.: Kiev – ESI at thought leaders seminar
- 18. april 2015.: Berlin – ESI with young civil servants from SEE and ESI workshop
- 19. mart 2015.: Bogota – ESI at workshop on new strategies and practices in human rights
- 14. mart 2015.: Budapest – CEU Passion Project with ESI tackles Azerbaijan
- 7. mart 2015.: Pristina – Kosovar migrants, EU borders, poverty and visa-free travel
- 12. februar 2015.: Sarajevo – ESI presents ideas on Bosnia's EU accession process in Sarajevo
- 30. januar 2015.: Paris – Workshop with EU officials on how Commission reports on enlargement make a difference
- 29. januar 2015.: Zagreb – ESI moderating "20 years of EU membership" panel discussion
- 22. januar 2015.: Graz – ESI lecture: Do outsiders get the Balkans and Turkey?
- 17. decembar 2014.: Istanbul – ESI briefing: The end of visas for Turkish citizens - Where are we today?
- 2. decembar 2014.: ESI presentations on EU enlargement in Paris, The Hague, and Rome
- More news…