ESI's Kristof Bender attended a colloquium on "Avoiding the 'Turkey Game' in the Western Balkans" on 8 and 9 December. Organised in Vienna by the Bruno Kreisky Forum for International Dialogue and the Centre for Liberal Strategies from Sofia, the colloquium brought together a select group of about 20 Balkan specialists, including Ivan Krastev, Wolfgang Petritsch, James O'Brien, Saso Ordanoski and Vetton Surroi. Kristof provided introductory remarks for a panel on "challenges of the different timelines for different candidate countries".
8 December 2010
ESI discussing the Balkans in Vienna
- 24. april 2017.: Strasbourg – ESI at PACE side event: Corruption Allegations and Transparency in the PACE - The way forward
- 5. april 2017.: Rome – ESI at conference on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans and meetings on "The Malta Plan"
- 4. april 2017.: Essen – ESI at Mercator Salon: European democracies and populism
- 1. april 2017.: Ulcinj – ESI discusses freedom of movement in the EU and the Western Balkans
- 30. mart 2017.: Paris – Meetings on European foreign policy and "The Malta Plan"
- 29. mart 2017.: Mostar – ESI discusses 60 years of the Rome Treaties and the future of EU enlargement policy
- 27. mart 2017.: Valetta – ESI at conference on EU migration policy and meetings on "The Malta Plan"
- 27. mart 2017.: Cologne – EU-Turkey agreement one year on – and now?
- 27. mart 2017.: Vienna – ESI at debate on EU-Turkey relations
- 23. mart 2017.: Amsterdam – ESI lecture: The EU-Turkey deal one year on
- 21. mart 2017.: Brussels – The EU-Turkey statement: success or failure?
- 15. mart 2017.: Visby – ESI at Visby conference: Europe Whole and Free – Challenges in the Eastern Neighbourhood
- 15. mart 2017.: Barcelona – The EU-Turkey agreement on refugees one year on
- 7. mart 2017.: Vienna – Towards a humane and effective asylum policy
- 4. mart 2017.: Delphi – ESI at the Delphi Economic Forum: Facing the refugee crisis and managing the EU response
- 3. mart 2017.: Vienna – ESI at Humanitarian Congress: "Forced to Flee – Humanity on the Run"
- 26. februar 2017.: Wellesley – ESI at Albright Institute conference on migration
- 24. februar 2017.: Washington D.C. – ESI lecture on Global Caviar Diplomacy at Hudson Institute
- 22. februar 2017.: Bratislava - ESI discussing migration and developments on the Balkan route
- 18. februar 2017.: Camden – ESI at the Camden Conference: Germany, Europe, and the politics of refugee protection
- More news…