Berlin – ESI at Demografiekongress 2021: “Migration – how are Germany and the EU positioning themselves?”
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in a panel discussion on “Migration – how are Germany and the EU positioning themselves?” organised by Der Demografiekongress.
Gerald spoke about the European debate on migration and outlined ESI’s proposal for a new, humane approach on borders and asylum, warning of the dangers of pushbacks at the EU’s borders and calling for more resettlement initiatives.
The event was moderated by Franz Dormann (Managing Director, Gesundheitsstadt Berlin) and included the participation of Elmar Brok (Vice-President of the Christian Democratic International, former Member of the European Parliament from 1980-2019), Tanja Gönner (Spokeswoman of the Board, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Berlin) and Friedrich Kiesinger (Managing Director, Albatros gGmbH, Head of various refugee facilities in Berlin).
🇪🇺🇩🇪 @ElmarBrok_MEP— Gerald Knaus (@rumeliobserver) September 23, 2021
Mittagessen zu Westbalkan, EU & Migration … https://t.co/0ben27VdBL@dgap: https://t.co/15F5vYIlSphttps://t.co/iPD1dHdEsZ
@D_Schwarzer @jana_puglierin @BAKS_President pic.twitter.com/OVTiQVcmWQ
- Humane Borders - www.humaneborders.eu
- Welche Grenzen brauchen wir? - www.grenzen.eu
- ESI Newsletter: Essay 1 - The promise and the agony – saving the refugee convention
- Deutschlandfunk: Migration researcher Knaus: "Situation for refugees today completely different than in 2015 , 1 September 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: There is no million-strong ghost army coming to Europe , 18 August 2021
- RTL: Migration researcher does not see a wave of refugees from Afghanistan: "We must not panic" , 31 July 2021
- Deutschlandfunk: 70 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention: "The fear of mass migration is completely irrational." 28 July 2021