Lörrach – ESI at podium discussion on flight, migration, and human rights
21 July 2021
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to a panel discussion by the politician Diana Stöcker (CDU) who is responsible for the areas of social affairs, integration, culture, public order and citizen services in the city of Rheinfelden.
Gerald outlined ESI’s proposal for a new, humane approach on borders, asylum, and the dangers of pushbacks at the EU’s borders and the need of more resettlement initiatives.
During the day, he also met with refugee supporters to discuss the situation of migrants trapped in legal limbo.
- Humane Borders - www.humaneborders.eu
- Welche Grenzen brauchen wir? - www.grenzen.eu
- ESI proposals website: EU-Turkey Statement 2.0
- ESI draft of a revised EU-Turkey Statement 2.0, 16 March 2021
- ESI Newsletter: Essay 1 - The promise and the agony – saving the refugee convention
- Deutschlandfunk: 70 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention: "The fear of mass migration is completely irrational." 28 July 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: Merkel advisor Knaus: Resettle refugees directly to Germany 17 March 2021
- Anadolu Agency, Humane borders, control through cooperation possible: Turkey, EU can show the way, 26 March 2021
- Falter: What borders do we need? Falter podcast of presentation by Gerald Knaus on refugee and migration policy, 5 April 2021
- Focus Online: Interview with Gerald Knaus: The Turkey deal has failed: "Germany could take in 30,000 refugees a year, 16 April 2021