Halle – A “Shadow Game” for migrants – ESI at Silbersalz Film Festival
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to give a presentation on the current situation at the EU’s external borders at Silbersalz Film Festival, where he explained ESI’s proposal for a new, humane approach on borders and asylum. He warned of the dangers of pushbacks at the EU’s borders and called for more resettlement initiatives.
The discussion followed the screening of the film “Shadow Game” which shows illegal pushbacks and the conditions of unaccompanied underage migrants. Other speakers were Els van Driel (director of “Shadow Game”) and Hanaa Hakiki (European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, ECCHR). The debate was moderated by Margje de Koning (Artistic director at Movies that Matter).
- Humane Borders - www.humaneborders.eu
- Welche Grenzen brauchen wir? - www.grenzen.eu
- ESI Newsletter: Essay 1 - The promise and the agony – saving the refugee convention
- Deutschlandfunk: Migration researcher Knaus: "Situation for refugees today completely different than in 2015 , 1 September 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: There is no million-strong ghost army coming to Europe , 18 August 2021
- RTL: Migration researcher does not see a wave of refugees from Afghanistan: "We must not panic" , 31 July 2021
- Deutschlandfunk: 70 Years of the Geneva Refugee Convention: "The fear of mass migration is completely irrational." 28 July 2021