ESI's Gerald Knaus went to Zurich for a day of meetings with the thinkers and officials behind the big Swiss asylum procedure reform, and the Zurich pilot project AOZ. The study trip was one of several to identify lessons that could be applied to the situation on the Aegean islands and EU reception and asylum policy.
23 November 2017
Zurich – Swiss lessons for EU reception and asylum policy
- 31. Juli 2018: Reactions to ESI proposal for refugee reception centres in Spain based on the Dutch "Ter Apel" model
- 26. Juli 2018: ESI interview: Did NATO's intervention in the Balkans work?
- 13. Juli 2018: Reactions to "Schwan-Knaus proposal for Dublin reform"
- 13. Juli 2018: Abuja and Benin City – ESI in Nigeria
- 12. Juli 2018: Brussels – ESI at round table on the European future of Bosnia
- 3. Juli 2018: The Hague – ESI at Western Balkans Seminar
- 24. Juni 2018: Vienna – ESI in live debate on Austrian TV: "Asylpolitik als Zerreißprobe – wie schafft Europa das?"
- 21. Juni 2018: Freiburg – ESI at public event on migration: "Safe pathways instead of deadly sea
- 20. Juni 2018: Bern – ESI briefing on caviar diplomacy for the Swiss delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- 20. Juni 2018: Berlin – ESI debating with young social democrats (Jusos) on the EU and the Western Balkans
- 18. Juni 2018: Prague – Seminar on the future of European migration and asylum policy
- 17. Juni 2018: Berlin – ESI meets governing board of the Western Balkans Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO)
- 12. Juni 2018: Vienna – ESI at CLS event on the Western Balkans
- 8. Juni 2018: Dubrovnik – ESI at European Strategy Forum
- 7. Juni 2018: Support for ESI-Batory proposal regarding the rule of law in Poland: Lech Walesa and others
- 6. Juni 2018: Munich and Salzburg – ESI at public debates on European asylum and migration policy
- 6. Juni 2018: Rome – ESI at conference on the future of EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 6. Juni 2018: Graz – Policy writing workshop at Centre for Southeast European Studies
- 28. Mai 2018: Paris – ESI at ECFR Annual Council Meeting and meetings on the future of European migration policy
- 25. Mai 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Lessons from the Balkans - Intervention, stability and forecasting
- More news…