Gerald Knaus, ESI Chairman, and Alexandra Stiglmayer, ESI senior analyst, invited a group
of officials from the European Commission, national representations to the EU, NGOs and journalists to an informal showing of the TV documentary "Serbia – Exit Europe."
The film is part of the TV project "Return to Europe", a series of 10 one-hour TV documentaries featuring countries and cities in the Balkans. The aim of the series is to acquaint viewers with this fascinating region and its peoples, their recent past and their struggle for a better future in Europe. The series is supported by ERSTE Stiftung and has been jointly produced by the German-language satellite channel 3sat, Austria's public broadcaster ORF and the TV production company pre-TV, in cooperation with the European Stability Initiative (ESI), upon whose research and analysis these films are based.
- Krisztina Nagy, spokeswoman of Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn
- Heather Grabbe, member of Olli Rehn’s Cabinet
- Hans Rundegren, deputy head of the Serbia unit, DG Enlargement, European Commission
- Fabrice de Kerchove, King Baudouin Foundation
- Anna Craenen, official in charge of the Balkans, Swedish Permanent Representation to the EU
- Damijan Sedar, official in charge of the Balkans, Slovenian Permanent Representation to the EU
- Milos Todorevic, Mission of Serbia to the EU
- Ian Traynor, Europe editor of the Guardian
- Elitsa Vucheva, EUObserver
- Dusan Gajic, South East Europe TV Exchange