On 4 June ESI's Gerald Knaus delivered a lecture at the NATO Defense College in Rome on the Western Balkans to an audience of 70 military officers and government officials, from 26 countries. Course participants included representatives from NATO member countries, the Partnership for Peace programme, the Mediterranean Dialogue, the Istanbul Cooperation Initiative and Partners across the world. Hetalked about the the future of the EU enlargement process and ESI's proposals for the progress reports, and other ESI initiatives.
4 June 2015
Rome – ESI at the NATO Defence College lecturing on the Western Balkans
- 16 April 2018: Belgrade – ESI at anniversary conference of the European Fund for the Balkans
- 3 April 2018: Interview in Süddeutsche Zeitung on European refugee policy
- 26 March 2018: Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung article on ESI senior fellow John Dalhuisen: "If you don't compromise you lose"
- 20 March 2018: Bremen – ESI keynote lecture on the future of European asylum and migration policy
- 13 March 2018: Belgrade – ESI at regional conference on the latest strategy of the European Commission for the Western Balkans
- 8 March 2018: Dublin and Belfast – ESI lecture on the EU-Turkey Deal two years on and meetings post-conflict reconciliation
- 7 March 2018: Vienna – ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 7 March 2018: Berlin – ESI at think tank meeting on Turkey
- 1 March 2018: Rome – ESI at FEPS Global Migration Group meeting: "The dilemmas of the destination countries"
- 28 February 2018: Skopje and Tirana – ESI takes part in a brainstorming on the EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 20 February 2018: The Hague and Ter Apel – ESI meetings with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service and public debates on the EU-Turkey deal
- 27 January 2018: Munich – ESI at public debate on "Fences for Africa?"
- 25 January 2018: Belgrade – ESI at panel on the upcoming EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 25 January 2018: Athens – ESI presentations on how to rescue EU asylum policy in the Mediterranean
- 22 January 2018: Brussels – ESI at COWEB meeting on the Western Balkans at the Council of the EU
- 10 January 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and migration policy
- 18 December 2017: Sofia – Discussions on migration at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 15 December 2017: Belgrade – ESI at conference on the Western Balkans' EU perspective
- 13 December 2017: Berlin – ESI discussing Europe's challenges
- 10 December 2017: Amsterdam and The Hague – Fact-finding mission to study the Dutch asylum system
- More news…