On 16 and 17 April ESI's deputy chairman Kristof Bender attended the 10th anniversary event of the European Fund for the Balkans in Belgrade. He spoke at a panel discussion on "Time for a New European Balkan Partnership" moderated by Ivan Vejvoda of the Institute for Human Sciences from Vienna. Other panelists included former Croatian Foreign Minister Vesna Pusic, former European Parliament Vice-President Hannes Swoboda, RCC head Goran Svilanovic and former Austrian Vice-Chancellor Erhard Busek.
Kristof also gave a long interview to Nikola Burazer of the European Western Balkans on the European Commission's new enlargement strategy, the importance of a European vision, the 2025 date for Montenegro and Serbia, Kosovo's prospects and the challenges related to the rule of law.
- EFB 10th anniversary event
- European Western Balkans, Nikola Burazer, "[EWB Interview] Bender: EU needs to clearly define accession criteria on rule of law" (25 April 2018)
- b92, "Spain "made it clear Kosovo has no EU perspective"" (25 April 2018)
- JavaNews, "EWB: Kosova, shumë larg BE-së" ("EWB: Kosovo, far from the EU") (25 April 2018)
- b92, "Bender: Kosovo nema perspektivu za članstvo u EU" ("Bender: Kosovo has no prospect for EU membership") (25 April 2018)