ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to a morning briefing organized by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung's Popup Lab "Zum Adenauer" on the UN migration compact. Together with MP Sepp Müller he debated how Christian Democrats should respond to far-right attacks on multilateralism and human rights.
- Mixed Migration Monitor, "MMC interviews Gerald Knaus: 'Invasion? What invasion?'" (29 November 2018)
- Stuttgarter Nachrichten, "Dieser Pakt stellt keine Gefahr dar" - interview with Gerald Knaus - ("This compact poses no danger") (29 November 2018)
- Refugees Deeply, John Dalhuisen Gerald Knaus, How Italy Can Combine Migration Control With Human Rights (13 March 2018)
- ESI paper: "Amsterdam in the Mediterranean" – How a Dutch-style asylum system can help resolve the Mediterranean refugee crisis (26 January 2018) – also available in Italian: "Amsterdam nel Mediterraneo"
- ESI proposals for the refugee crises in the Central Mediterranean and the Aegean: www.esiweb.org/refugees