ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic took participated in a conference on “EU-Western Balkans: 20 years of staring at each other”, organised by Le Courrier des Balkans in partnership with Heinrich B๖ll Foundation in Paris, the European Fund for the Balkans and the Maison de l’Europe in Paris. Adnan spoke on a panel questioning the current state of the play of relations between the EU and the Western Balkans. he spoke about the credibility of the EU enlargement process, Bosnia’s EU path and socio-economic reforms and laid out arguments against changing borders along ethnic lines between Kosovo and Serbia.
Other panelists were Florian Bieber from the University of Graz, Sr?an Cviji? of the Open Society European Policy Institute and Simon Ilse from the B๖ll Foundation. The event was attended by representatives of French ministries and parliament, from think tanks, and academic institutions from Paris.
- ESI briefing paper: A West Balkan Agenda for 2019, 29 October 2018
- Politico, Adnan ?erimagi?, "Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake", 28 August 2018
- ESI, "Alpbach appeal to Vucic, Thaci and European leaders Adi Cerimagic", 26 August 2018.
- ESI, “Making history? Macedonia and Elysium”, 4 April 2018.
- ESI, “Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections PISA gap”, 31 January 2018.
- ESI, “Wine, dog food and Bosnian clich้s False ideas and why they matter”, 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans, "[EWB Interview] ?erimagi?: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today" (23 October 2017)
- ESI, “The Chapter Illusion For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations”, 15 May 2017.
- ESI, “Rankings that fail Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015”, 9 November 2015.
- ESI, “A reporting revolution? Towards a new generation of progress reports”, 9 November 2015.
- ESI, “Measuring corruption The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal”, 19 March 2015.
- ESI, “Why Macedonia is not Finland rankings and the PISA gap Part I” , 26 May 2014
- ESI, “A simple idea: All Balkan countries take the OECD PISA test and the Commission includes it in its Progress Report”, 18 June 2014.