On 3 and 4 June 2019 ESI's Kristof Bender participated at an expert roundtable on "Bridging the EU Council presidencies: From Bucharest to Berlin". The event, initiated by the Romanian EU presidency was organised by Global Focus and the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) in Snagov, just outside the Romanian capital Bucharest. The discussions, held under Chatham House rules, focused on Europe and its relations to the US, China and Russia, neighbourhood policy and enlargement, migration, security challenges, economic integration and the Euro. Kristof presented some of ESI's ideas on EU policy in South East Europe and European asylum policy.
3 June 2019
Bucharest – ESI at think tank round-table
- 6 septembre 2019: Cologne – ESI at workshop on the future of young people in Southeast Europe
- 5 septembre 2019: Sarajevo – ESI at conference with young politicians on the European project in the Western Balkans
- 24 juillet 2019: Rasnov – ESI at Romanian Film and History Festival
- 23 juillet 2019: Banjul – Making the case for a new generation of legal migration-return agreements between Germany and The Gambia
- 12 juillet 2019: La Hulpe – ESI at retreat on reforming EU civil society support for the Western Balkans and Turkey
- 10 juillet 2019: Madrid – ESI presenting proposal for visa free travel for Morocco and humane border controls
- 27 juin 2019: Geneva – ESI at the Rafto Laureates Forum
- 24 juin 2019: Vienna – ESI at discussion with the Austrian President on the future of Europe
- 23 juin 2019: Passau – ESI presentation on European borders at the "European weeks"
- 20 juin 2019: Odessa – ESI at symposium on challenges in Europe and its neighbourhood
- 18 juin 2019: Vienna – ESI at debate about the future relationship of Serbia and Kosovo
- 13 juin 2019: Banjul – Making the case for a new generation of legal migration-return agreements between Germany and The Gambia
- 13 juin 2019: Pristina and Skopje – ESI at panel discussions on the EU's role in solving bilateral disputes in the Western Balkans
- 11 juin 2019: Vienna – ESI at event on North Macedonia
- 6 juin 2019: Berlin – ESI at conference on Turkey’s influence in the Western Balkans
- 4 juin 2019: Stockholm – Presentations on EU enlargement and migration policy
- 3 juin 2019: Bucharest – ESI at think tank round-table
- 31 mai 2019: Budapest – ESI at launch of "Reporting Democracy"
- 30 mai 2019: Beirut/Zahlé – ESI on field trip in Lebanon
- 28 mai 2019: The Hague – ESI at seminar on the EU and the Western Balkans
- More news…